The Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce will host regional economic development events on May 17 and June 16.
An Economic Development Summit, on May 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Brannon Center at 105 S. Riverside Dr. in New Smyrna Beach, will be open to the public and feature discussion among members of the New Smyrna Beach City Commission, Edgewater City Council, and Oak Hill City Commission on:
- Coordinating economic development initiatives and priorities as a region
- Aligning similarities in economic development strategies and marketing efforts
- Establishing a Commercial Space Industry Opportunity Overlay
- Pursuing a federally-facilitated Regional Economic Diversification Summit
Register to attend the May 17 summit here. A one-time $25 registration fee includes lunch.
A World of Economic Development Finance seminar, on June 16 from 8 a.m. to noon in the City of Edgewater Council Chambers at 104 N. Riverside Dr. in Edgewater, will be open to the public and feature presentations on investment opportunities and financing tools available to businesses and investors including:
- New Market Tax Credits (NMTC), a program incentivizing community development and economic growth through the use of tax credits that attract private investment to distressed communities
- Opportunity Zone programs that foster economic development and job creation in economically distressed communities through possible tax benefits
- Historic Tax Credits and CDFI Loans
- Tax Incremental Financing (TIF), a public financing method used as a subsidy for redevelopment, infrastructure, and other community improvement projects
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) and HUD Choice Neighborhoods
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE), a long term, fixed rate source of financing for energy conservation and hurricane hardening improvements
One or more members of the New Smyrna Beach City Commission, Edgewater City Council, Oak Hill City Commission, and various advisory boards including those from Volusia County Government may be present at this seminar.
Please review available sponsorship opportunities here.
Would you like to know more? Please visit www.sevchamber.com or contact Economic Development & CRA Director Christopher Edwards at email@example.com or (386) 279-2497.