Construction must conform to standards adopted the City of New Smyrna Beach and the State of Florida.
- 2020 Florida Building Code
- 2020 Florida Residential Code
- 2020 Florida Mechanical Code
- 2020 Florida Plumbing Code
- 2020 Florida Gas Code
- 2020 Florida Fire Prevention Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- City of New Smyrna Beach Code of Ordinances
- City of New Smyrna Beach Comprehensive Plan
- All State and Federal regulations
What are the load design criteria?
- Category I (Accessory structures):130 mph. Wind exposure is site specific
- Category II (Most residential commercial and industrial buildings):140 mph wind exposure on beachside and on the mainland between Riverside Drive and the railroad tracks to the west and between Smith and 10th streets to the south.
- 130 mph wind exposure on the remaining mainland.
- Category III (Theaters, lecture halls, healthcare facilities and similar assembly uses) 150 mph. Wind exposure is site specific.
- Category IV (Hospitals, police stations, fire stations, emergency communication centers and similar facilities) 150 mph. Wind exposure is site specific.
- Wind borne debris area (Windows and doors require protection): 140 mph and over wind exposure
- WIND LOADS MAPS PER 2020 FBC 7TH EDITION, SEC 1609.3 (1)-1609.3 (4)
- WIND LOAD RISK CATAGORIES PER 2020 FBC 7TH EDITION, SEC 1604.5
View our Map
Assumed soil bearing:
2000 psf (Note:
If the assumed soil bearing exceeds 2000 psf, the actual soil bearing must be verified by a State licensed engineer or architect.
: 12 inches
Per City of New Smyrna Beach Land Development Regulations.