426 South Riverside Drive
The structure was built in approximately 1909 and is a contributing structure in the New Smyrna Beach National Register of Historic Places Historic District. The owners, Bob and Joyce Hopkins, purchased the residence in 1997 and preserved the home.
Dubbed “Salt-Aire,” it looks essentially the same as it did when Fredrick Whitaker built it. Work was done to restore and update the structure over the years, but much of the structure is original. For instance, most of the windows, stained glass, and flooring are original, as well as the newel post and lamp, the fireplace, picture rails throughout the house, the carriage house (also a contributing structure), and even the sink on the back porch.