Solid Waste & Recycling
Waste Pro, Inc. provides Solid Waste Refuse Services within the City of New Smyrna Beach for residential and commercial accounts.
Household garbage pick-up days depend on the area in which you live (see map). All containers (max - 32 gallons) must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. the day of collection. For more information, please click here.
Yard trash is collected citywide weekly. For collection information, please click here. For more information, please call Waste Pro at 386-424-1850.
Commercial garbage accounts need to be set-up through the Maintenance Operations Department at 386-424-2212.
Special pick-ups for large items are also available by calling Waste Pro directly at 386-424-1850 or use the links below:
- Report a problem with your garbage pickup
- Compliments on your garbage pickup
- Request for additional services
As of October 1, 2016, Waste Pro USA, Inc. will provide recycling services once a week for residents of City of New Smyrna Beach, this includes single-family homes, duplexes, condominiums/townhouses and mobile homes in mobile home parks within the City’s limits. During the initial transition from our previous contractor to Waste Pro, Waste Pro will be adding City of New Smyrna Beach logos to existing recycling bins as part of their weekly recycling collection.
Recycling collection routes and days for collection will not change at this time. Possible minor adjustments will be made to the routes for greater efficiency in the future – Waste Pro will notify customers in advance of any changes affecting collection days as needed.
Waste Pro has provided solid waste and yard waste collection and disposal services for the City’s residences and businesses for the past ten (10) years.
Recyclable materials include, but are not limited to:
- All newspaper including inserts;
- Glass bottles/jars, including clear, green and brown with or without labels;
- Aluminum, steel and steel/tin cans with or without labels;
- Plastics, including but not limited to, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and high density polyethylene (HDPE) bottles;
- Phone books;
- Corrugated or thin cardboard;
- Junk mail, flyers, postcards, magazines;
- Plastic containers including #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 and #7; or
- Such additional items as may be required by federal, state, county, or local law, set out for the purpose of recycling.
For questions/concerns regarding recycling, residents may call Waste Pro directly at 386-424-1850 during business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.