Fire Safety Program
Policy and Implementation
Our Fire Safety Program emphasizes public education and awareness, fire safety inspections and techniques to eliminate or minimize losses. The program is delivered in the field in cooperation with the Fire Department and the business community.
Key Program Objectives
- Educate and inform the public and business owners of the proper and recognized fire safety codes and standards applicable for their occupancy type.
- Assess life safety to estimate the quality of security against fire and its effects.
- Evaluate parameters which create risk and those which tend to offset or mitigate a portion of that risk.
- Locate, record and affect corrections to common problems concerning life safety and property protection.
- Familiarize fire department personnel with individual buildings, property locations and fire behavior predictions and ensure incident pre-plans and current and applicable.
- Create a valid database, through records, to measure and track effectiveness of fire safety inspection endeavors including the continued risk reduction and decrease annual fire loss.
Fire Safety Information
For information on fire safety codes, fire prevention, trash burning, bonfires and fire inspections, please contact the Fire Marshal.
For information on building codes regarding fire walls or occupational licenses, please contact the Building Department
For information on special events please contact the Planning Department